Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 2 Post-Op

I woke up expecting the worst.  My right (LASIK) eye is completely fine today.  My left (PRK) eye was pretty scratchy feeling when I woke up, but wasn’t light sensitive or any more blurry than it was yesterday.  As soon as I did my morning drop regimen, it was mostly fine.  At times it felt as though I had an eyelash in my eye, but it wasn’t even quite that bad.  An ice pack and Motrin made it go away.  The cold sore in my mouth is bothering me way more than my eye.  I was even able to drive my kids to their swim class in the morning.  I noticed that the air conditioning in the car made the feeling worse (drier air), so I opened the windows and was much better.  I created this entire blog today and typed up my entire experience without adjusting the brightness or font on my computer.  As of about 2pm, the vision in my left eye started to get some ghosting of bright or white things, but it is still very much functional even if I close my right (LASIK) eye.  It does help to have that eye to fall back on, though.

UPDATE: Day 2 Evening
By 8pm, my PRK eye was feeling pretty awful.  It's a constant itchy, burning feeling that won't go away even when closing my eyes.  Motrin wasn't helping much, so I caved and took a Vicodin.  I also keep an ice pack handy.  My vision is hazy, like looking through sheer curtains and I have a bit more ghosting--still only bright or lighted objects, though.  Again, it's nice to be able to have the LASIK eye to count on.  Still no light sensitivity, though, so I think I've been spared from that!  Can't wait to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment