Wednesday, July 23, 2014

First Day Post-Op

My husband stayed home from work to help with the kids because I wasn’t sure how I would feel the next day.  However, I felt completely fine.  No pain, just mostly clear vision.  I woke up at 8am and did my first set of eyedrops.  Then I went to my post-op check-up at 9am.  Vision was 20/40 in the left (PRK) eye, 20/20 in the right (LASIK) eye, and 20/15 for both eyes!  Dr. Wiley was extremely happy with my results.  He reminded me that tonight and tomorrow would be the worst as far as discomfort goes in my left (PRK) eye but that my right (LASIK) eye should be fine from now on.  I continued my 4 times a day eye drop regimen; drops at breakfast, drops at lunch time, drops at dinner, and drops at bedtime.  My husband took the kids out to dinner but I decided to stay home because I was afraid that the pain would hit and I would force them to cut their dinner short.  I enjoyed the quiet and started watching the series House of Cards.  By the end of the evening, I had a very slight burn in my left (PRK) eye.  It just felt like it did when I needed to change my contacts.  Merely annoying, not painful.  Lubricating eye drops and an ice pack made it go away.  I also took a Motrin out of fear that it would get worse.  I put my shields on and went to bed fearing the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment