Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 3 Post-Op

I woke up this morning feeling pretty normal.  The pain is gone!  My vision in my PRK eye is still fairly blurry, but only a little worse than it was when I had my vision acuity check on Day 1.  I can read the text on the computer without enlarging the font but it's a little difficult due to the ghosting.  I drove the kids to swim class again and I didn't even need the ice pack.  The only difference today is that my PRK eye is excessively tearing.  I nearly forgot to put lubricating drops in my eyes, but figured I probably should just in case.

Last night during the height of the irritation, I never wanted to rub my eyes so badly.  I sort of cheated and wiped gently on my closed eyelids.  I also pushed my face into my pillow to put a little pressure on my eyelids.  I went to bed worried that I messed something up.  Contact bandage gets changed tomorrow at 1pm.  I'm sure Dr. Wiley will check my healing progress as well.

I will update tonight if anything changes.

Evening Update:
Well, my vision has gone from bad to horrible in the PRK eye.  I am seeing probably worse than I was before the surgery.  I took the kids blueberry picking earlier in the day so I think the excess straining on my eyes didn't help.  They don't hurt and there isn't even a hint of irritation, only blurriness.

No comments:

Post a Comment